- 6 Cups Kale Leaves (chopped)
- 2/3 Cups Cucumber (chopped)
- 3 Stalks Celery (chopped)
- 1 1/3 Cups Blueberries
- 1 Cup Beet (peeled and cubed)
- 1/3 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or Avocado oil)
- 2 Lemons (medium, juiced)
- 2/3 Dijon Mustard
- 2/3 Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 lb. Chicken Thighs (use 4 ounces per each serving- this recipe is for (4) servings)
Benefits of Kale
- One cup of kale provides more than 100% of the daily minimum target for immune-supporting vitamin C and over 200% for vitamin A.
- Kale is a top source of vitamin K, with one cup packing nearly 700% of the daily goal.
- Kale is a potent source of antioxidants known to reduce inflammation, a trigger of premature aging and disease.
- As a member of the cruciferous vegetable family (which also includes broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, bok choy, and cabbage), kale contains natural compounds shown to help fend off cancer.
Leave a Reply