- 4 Cups of Broccoli Slaw (bagged or chopped on own)
- 2 Tbsps Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayo
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
Benefits of Coleslaw
- Cabbage juice can be a miracle healer for the GI tract. Many studies show that drinking fresh cabbage juice can heal ulcers much faster than conventional treatments.
- Cabbage can fight breast cancer. The cabbage is part of the popular cruciferous family of vegetables that contain molecules called isothiocyanates. These molecules are especially known for their anti-cancer properties and have an affinity for fighting leukemia, breast, prostate and lung cancers.
- Cabbage is an excellent source of vitamin K. Our bones depend on vitamin K for strength. All types of cabbage are an excellent source of this fat soluble vitamin that helps in the mineralization of our bones.
- Cabbage contains antioxidants. Cabbage has high levels of polyphenols – a large group of molecules recognized for their antioxidant power. One of the great things polyphenols does is protect our bodies from oxidative damage, especially our skin.
- Cabbage contains essential fatty acids. Cabbage has a surprisingly good content of essential fatty acids (EFAs), especially alpha-linolenic acid (a type of Omega 3).